An introduction to the art of the High Renaissance and Mannerist periods in Italy. Examples of painting, sculpture, and architecture produced in Italy between approximately 1500 and 1600 will be examined.
Meeting Place and Time
- Pannell 012: Tuesday and Thursdays 3:00-4:15
- Frederick Hartt and David G. Wilkins, History of Italian Renaissance Art, 7th edition (Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2011)
- The materials on this website
- Active class participation, which includes being prepared for each class, and taking part in discussion
- Two Reports (each 8-10 pages, written in the form of paper, with footnotes and bibliography) on topics selected from among those listed on the schedule. Each report will be presented in class with web-based or PowerPoint images. The aim is to examine issues and explore questions that reach beyond what the textbook has to offer. The information and analysis you provide should serve to enhance our understanding of the topic in question.
- Final Exam
- Class participation = 10%
- First Report = 30%
- Second Report = 30%
- Final Exam = 30%
Office and Hours
- Pannell 04: Tuesdays 2:15-3:00 p.m. Other times by appointment
- phone: 6194
- email: email@example.com