- Using both primary and secondary sources, the seminar will examine Baroque art in relation to contemporary art theory in the 17th and early 18th centuries. Prerequisite: ARTH116
- John Rupert Martin, Baroque (New York: Harper & Row, 1977). This book is no longer in print and not available in the Sweet Briar Book Shop. Purchase your own copy, new or used, through Amazon
- Online Readings linked in the SCHEDULE
- THREE Seminar Reports on topics indicated in the SCHEDULE. Each report will take the form of a 10- to 12-page paper, plus footnotes and bibliography, to be presented in class with web-based images.
- Each Seminar Report = 30%
- Participation = 10%
Office and Hours
- Pannell 04: Thursdays 2:15-3:00. Others times by appointment