Villa at Aghia Triadha
The site at Aghia Triadha ('Holy Trinity'), excavated beginning in 1902, is named after a Venetian church nearby, two miles northwest of Phaistos. The Minoan name for the site is unknown.
A very beautiful site with Mount Ida to the north and the sea to the west; although the sea now lies further away than it did in ancient times when it may have reached the foot of the hill on which the villa stands.
The villa was built around 1550 BCE and may have served a residence for someone associated with the palace at Phaistos to which it is connected by a paved road. It was destroyed around 1450 BCE.
Many clay tablets inscribed with Linear Script A were found in an archive room. Other finds include include a gilded stone vases of serpentine with scenes carved in low relief, and the famous Harvester Vase.
The Aghia Triadha sarcophagus was discovered in a tomb near the villa.